BREAKING: Tyler Bullock arrested for DUI

Associate Sports Editor

Published: Thursday, October 3, 2013

Updated: Thursday, October 3, 2013 17:10

Tyler Bullock, a redshirt senior center on the UConn football team, was arrested early Thursday morning for of driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol, according to a UConn police report.

The arrest took place at 12:47 a.m. Thursday on Celeron Square Drive after an officer stopped Bullock for failing to drive right. After being stopped, the 23-year-old Mechanicsburg, Pa. native failed field sobriety tests and was subsequently arrested for DUI, according to the report.

UConn issued a release Thursday afternoon stating that Bullock has been suspended indefinitely for "a violation of team rules." The school announced it will have no further comment at this time.

The 6-foot-4, 316-pound Bullock has been listed as the Huskies’ No. 2 center for the first four games of the season.

He is due in court on Oct. 15.

This is the second time in a matter of weeks that a UConn athlete has been arrested for DUI.

On Sept. 9, Tyler Olander, a center on the men’s basketball team, was arrested by state police on Route 195 for driving under the influence, operating (or towing) an unregistered motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle in violation of classification. Those charges were later dropped.