Cruicble Production by Opera Theater

Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012

To go along with the fall season, UConn’s Opera Theatre will be presenting Arthur Miller’s impassioned parable of witchcraft and intrigue in colonial Salem, “The Crucible.”
Ryan F. Burns, Jan Zimmerman and Emily Sanchez of UConn’s Opera Theater will be starring in the opera on Nov. 9 and 11.

Burns, a baritone, will be playing John Proctor. Zimmerman, a soprano, will play Elizabeth Proctor. Sanchez, a soprano, will play Abigail Williams of The Crucible.

The production will be shown twice, on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.

For the Friday showing there will be a pre-performance lecture by Dr. Brenda Murphy of UConn at 6:45 p.m.

For Sunday’s showing Dr. Gabriel Miller of Rutgers University will be hosting a pre-performance lecture at 2:15p.m.

Both showing will be in the Storrs Congregational Church Meeting House on UConn’s Storrs campus.

Robert Ward of the “Libretto By Arthur Miller” and Bernard Stambler will do music for the production.

The Crucible will be conducted by Maestro Willie Anthony Waters and directed by Dr. Jeffrey McEvoy.

General admission is $12 and student admission is $5.

Tickets can be purchased over the phone, 860-486-2684, by fax 860-486-6707 (credit card order only) or by email to operaguild@uconn.edu.

Questions should be directed to UConn’s Music Department, located at 1295 Storrs Road.