Keeping up with Seth Green

Campus Correspondant

Published: Monday, September 17, 2012

It seems as if another one of television’s funniest talents has been keeping busier than usual these past few weeks.  Seth Green is the creator of the stop-motion animated sketch comedy show “Robot Chicken,” which airs on Adult Swim.  An accomplished voice actor, Green also provides the voice of Chris Griffin on   “Family Guy,” and Joker from the acclaimed video game trilogy “Mass Effect.”  In light of all the recent projects Green has been involved with, would be interesting to discuss all of the various things the funny man has been up to.

Green was recently a roaster at Comedy Central’s most recent celebrity roast, the time in honor of notorious comedienne and wannabe Presidential candidate Roseanne Barr.  While the roast was in Barr’s honor, Green was the butt of many of the other comedian’s jokes mostly in reference to his rather short 5 foot 4 inches stature.

Shortly after the roast, Seth Green appeared at the Star Wars Celebration official fan convention to reveal the first footage of his upcoming computer animated comedy series “Star Wars Detours.”  Made in response to the overwhelmingly positive critical reception received by the Robot Chicken “Star Wars” specials.  As the name implies the show will take a look at the odds and ins of  the “Star Wars” galaxy. Highlights of the footage include Admiral Ackbar exclaiming over a dozen words before stumbling upon his iconic catchphrase, and Obi-Wan Kenobi attempting stand-up “his name was Windu and he fell out a Window!”  Premiere dates have not been set but based on the little footage seen it is not to be missed.

The most significant event that Seth has recently been involved in has been in Robot Chicken’s hilarious “DC Comics Special.”  Following in the line of the shows highly successful “Star Wars” parody specials, the show premiered last week on Adult Swim.  Seth personally directed the episode which featured various guest voice talents including the Megan Fox, Neil Patrick Harris, and Steven Tyler among many others.  As usual for this “Robot Chicken” production, Green himself personally voiced numerous characters including the recurring nerd who in this episode hilariously discovers a Green Lantern power ring and proceeds to use it to make a self defense projection of Selena Gomez.  Green also voiced Batman in the episode who gets his back broken four times by Bane as well as the bumbling Aquaman who as we all know is the lamest superhero simply for his powers which include talking to fish, and Green doesn’t let anyone forget it.

And of course, Family Guy’s 11th season premieres on September 30. Announced at this summer’s comic con, Green’s character Chris is going to feature in a storyline upon where Chris ends up moving in with elderly neighborhood pedophile Hubert.

All in all it’s been a busy few weeks for Seth Green and with all of these projects on his plate, it doesn’t look like he will have much free time any soon.