Desktop Support Manager
The Desktop Support/IT Service Manager position is responsible for the operational activities of a geography that will deliver services to a broad range of clients. Provides first line management for a staff of approximately 25, client facing, technical dispatch direct reports. Ensures operations run as planned by answering questions, increasing productivity in existing processes, systems training, and problem resolution. Identifies, prioritizes, and communicates all system and process issues that affect productivity and efficiency, and provides input and support for necessary improvements.
The Manager works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches and workflow. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
The Manager provides senior management and executives with the necessary assistance, guidance, and advice to ensure good practices in standard methodologies and processes. Also provides leadership, ensuring that assigned team members meet or exceed goals. Responsible for the overall budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements with a major emphasis on management and coordination tasks. Conducts performance reviews for team. Prepares basic budget reports, assures timeline compliance, and develops implementation/delivery plans.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding contracted service level agreements.
- Interfaces with CompuCom clients to ensure high levels of service satisfaction.
- Schedules projects, on site back fills, 7x24 duty pager, and weekend work.
- Monitors daily open calls in the call management systems.
- Reallocates resources when necessary based on work load dynamics.
- Works closely with Field Operations Center personnel to manage queue's, aged calls, SLA, Inventory, and Real Time updates.
- Identifies trends with system and process problems, and works with all necessary departments to correct.
- Regular updates to Clearvision and FE Advisor, assigning zip codes to dispatch techs and insuring training Matrix is accurate.
- Periodic review/updates of area and client procedure pages.
- Assists in budget development for assigned area of Dispatch Services delivery and continual monitoring for financial compliance.
- Prepares and analyzes reports and records on department activities.
- Provides input to Area Services Manager and Regional Vice President on performance of assigned staff, regional improvements, and on-going CPI efforts.
- Mentors, coaches and motivates service personnel to meet and/or exceed customer satisfaction goals and/or objectives.
- Manages any personnel or discipline issues that may arise. Controls hiring and terminations as needed. Reviews and approves all personnel administrative duties, such as weekly time keeping, vacation scheduling, performance evaluations, annual reviews, etc. Provides training, coaching, and counseling to subordinates for continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires 5-7 years of related work experience and Bachelor's degree, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in servicing hardware and software required with previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills required.
Related Daily Campus Jobs Listings
CONTINUE JOBS SEARCH
GET NEW LISTINGS DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford