Men's tennis vists Marist

Published: Monday, October 14, 2013

Updated: Monday, October 14, 2013 23:10

The UConn men’s tennis team will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y. on Tuesday to take on the Red Foxes of Marist College.

The Huskies (3-1) will look to rebound after suffering a 6-1 defeat last Thursday at Quinnipiac, their first loss in a dual match this year.

Tuesday’s matchup against Marist will be the toughest matchup for UConn thus far. Head coach Michael Louis has expressed that Marist will be a tough opponent all year, and now they are up against them at last. Like the Huskies, Marist has been impressive this season.

The Red Foxes have only played in one dual match but have performed well in all the tournaments they have played in. Marist has competed in the Brown Invitational, the USTA Invitational/Ivy Plus Tournament and the Columbia Invite this season along with the one dual match against Siena.

Both the Huskies and the Red Foxes have faced off against Siena this year, and both won in convincing fashion. UConn shutout the Saints 7-0 while the Red Foxes beat them 6-1.

UConn started off the year with three straight wins and will look to avoid back-to-back losses. This will be the last dual match of the fall season for the Huskies before they head to Regional Championships in a few days.

The match will start at 3 p.m.