Men’s basketball center Wolf arrested, suspended by head coach Ollie indefinitely

Staff Writer and Associate News Editor

Published: Monday, February 11, 2013

Wolf

RACHEL WEISS/The Daily Campus

UConn center Enosch Wolf was arrested Monday morning and has been suspended indefinitely.

UConn center Enosch Wolf has been suspended indefinitely following an on-campus arrest early Monday morning.

Wolf was arrested by UConn police at 5:55 a.m. Monday at Hilltop Apartments, and is being charged with burglary in the third degree, criminal trespass in the first degree and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Officers responded to the La Flesche Building on a report of domestic dispute. A brief investigation revealed Wolf to be responsible for a verbal and physical dispute with an individual. Wolf also refused to leave the apartment after police asked him to leave several times, according to a police report.

“We are aware of the situation concerning Enosch and we are taking the matter very seriously,” UConn coach Kevin Ollie said in a press release. “He has been suspended indefinitely, until the legal and university process is finalized. I have spoken to the players on the team previously, and will continue to speak with them, about their conduct both on and off the basketball court. We have high expectations of our student-athletes at UConn, and I expect my players to live up to those standards.”

According to police, Wolf “grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head,” and also knocked her glasses off with his hand.

Prior to the incident, Wolf averaged 13.7 minutes and 3.4 points per game. He had made three starts in the Huskies first 22 games.

His suspension leaves Ollie with just two frontcourt players – junior Tyler Olander and freshman Phil Nolan.

Olander has started 19 games on the season and is averaging 4.5 points and 3.7 rebounds in his 21.7 minutes per game.

Nolan on the other hand has been sparsely used – he’s appeared in just 15 games and is averaging 7.7 minutes – but Wolf’s absence could result in increased playing time for the freshman.

The incident comes just two days before UConn is slated to take on Big East-rival Syracuse, which enters the contest ranked sixth in the nation, according to the AP Poll.

Wolf’s bond was posted at $500 and his court date is Feb. 13.