Men's tennis set to take on Bryant

By Eugene Joh

The UConn men's tennis team faces Bryant University Wednesday, as they host the Bulldogs at the UConn tennis courts at 3:30 p.m.
The meet will be contested in a modified format, with nine singles matches and four doubles matches being contested instead of the standard six and three format.
The Huskies look to rebound from a 1-5 defeat to Temple University this past Saturday, which snapped a three-meet win streak. The sole point in that match came in the doubles matches, which UConn lead 2-1.
"We need to continue the momentum in doubles, because we were very close, had a lot of close sets (against Temple)," UConn head coach Michael Louis said.
Bryant (10-10) is also coming off of a loss, getting swept by No. 68 Yale 7-0 this past Sunday. The Bulldogs have been less consistent in recent meets, winning only one of the last six. The Huskies, after a 3-0 run during Spring Break, have been even at 3-3 in the last six.
"We're trying to take it each match at a time, it's a long season," Louis said. "We're not thinking ahead to the season yet, we're just trying to win our next match," he said.
UConn has five matches coming up in the next 10 days, closing out the season with a busy schedule. The more seasoned players on the team, however, are used to the grind of a season that begins in the fall and play through to the spring, Louis said.
The first step to finishing strongly will be to get themselves closer to a winning season by beating Bryant.
"I don't think there's any mental fatigue, or anything like that. We want to finish playing well and doing the right things," Louis said.