Women's Hockey: Huskies swept by Northeastern
The UConn women's hockey team dropped a pair of contests 3-0 and 5-0 in Boston over the weekend to conference foe, Northeastern.
The Huskies entered the weekend on a bit of a high note, looking to build on victories over conference rivals Boston College and New Hampshire the previous week.
However, it was not to be for UConn, as Northeastern was able to hold the Huskies scoreless on a combined 48 shots over the weekend.
In the weekend's first contest, the Huskies held Northeastern scoreless until late in the second period. However, the hosts were able follow a second period goal with two more in the third to give themselves a commanding 3-0 win.
The second matchup of the weekend didn't go much better for UConn. Northeastern scored two points in the first, two in the second and one in the third, in a dominating 5-0 win.
Northeastern was able to take advantage of the powerplay early in the second game, as the hosts scored on their first two extra skater opportunities in the first period.
With the pair of losses, UConn falls to 9-21-2 on the season with a 6-12-1 record in Hockey East play. The Huskies will look to rebound from the loss next weekend, as they host a season-ending series with Maine before the Hockey East tournament begins on Feb. 28.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools