Student sexually assaulted near South Campus
null #comment 1. Attention Headline Editor..Please make that 25 FEWER arrests please. Thank You. English Majors Rock! Perhaps a shame there are not more working on the CDC?
A female University of Connecticut student reported that she was sexually assaulted in a UConn parking lot earlier this year, according to police officials.
The alleged assault took place on Oct. 23 "during the afternoon hours" as the student was walking through S Lot, according to a crime alert email sent to students today.
S Lot is the parking lot adjacent to the South campus residence halls and the Fine Arts complex.
The email said the student was grabbed from behind, pushed to the ground and sexually assaulted.
The assailant is described as a 5-foot-11-inch male with a "medium build, olive skin, dark eyes and a trimmed beard," according to the alert. The alert went on to say he was wearing a "black knit hat, jeans and a brown sweatshirt" at the time of the assault.
The student did not report the assault to UConn police until Dec. 28, according to the email.
This is fourth reported sexual assault or attempted sexual assault to take place on or near the Storrs campus in a span of less than one month.
The first two reported incidents took place on Oct. 11, where two females reported being involved in an incident with two males behind a house in the Hunting Lodge Road area. One female was allegedly sexually assaulted and while another sexual assault was attempted - both in the woods behind the house.
The third reported incident took place on Nov. 1, when an intoxicated male allegedly pulled a female student into a dark room in an off-campus house during a party. The student had to use self-defense measures to escape being sexually assaulted.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?