Men's Tennis takes on Fairfield
The UConn men's tennis team takes on the Fairfield University Stags on Wednesday, Feb. 26 in a dual meet at 2 p.m. at the Manchester Racquet Club in Manchester, Conn.
The Huskies are coming off of a deflating loss, losing all seven matches in their meet against Boston University last Wednesday. Their current dual meet record stands at 3-5. The Stags come into the meet at 5-2 for the season.
"No loss is a good loss, but I think we learned a lot from that meet against BU," UConn head coach Michael Louis said. "What we're working on right now is mental toughness. We had a lot of opportunities and didn't take advantage of them."
The team looks to rebound against a solid Fairfield team that got the better of them earlier this year in the Quinnipiac Invitational and the Connecticut State Championships in October.
"We know what we have to work on, and what we have to do in order to turn this part of the season around," Louis said. "Fairfield is a very good team (...) we've had some very good practices this week and expect a much better performance."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care