Men's Tennis takes on Fairfield
The UConn men's tennis team takes on the Fairfield University Stags on Wednesday, Feb. 26 in a dual meet at 2 p.m. at the Manchester Racquet Club in Manchester, Conn.
The Huskies are coming off of a deflating loss, losing all seven matches in their meet against Boston University last Wednesday. Their current dual meet record stands at 3-5. The Stags come into the meet at 5-2 for the season.
"No loss is a good loss, but I think we learned a lot from that meet against BU," UConn head coach Michael Louis said. "What we're working on right now is mental toughness. We had a lot of opportunities and didn't take advantage of them."
The team looks to rebound against a solid Fairfield team that got the better of them earlier this year in the Quinnipiac Invitational and the Connecticut State Championships in October.
"We know what we have to work on, and what we have to do in order to turn this part of the season around," Louis said. "Fairfield is a very good team (...) we've had some very good practices this week and expect a much better performance."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest