New liquor store in Storrs Center
“Storrs Wine and Spirits,” located in the Storrs Center is now open for business. Troy Caldeira/The Daily Campus
As of last Friday, "Storrs Wine and Spirits," owned and operated by Dil Bhandari and Nitya Poudel, has become the latest addition to the expanding Storrs Center. It is the first and only liquor store to have moved into and opened shop in the new downtown, located on the far right side of Royce Circle.
As Storrs Center grows, Bhandari and Poudel hope to become part of the vibrant UConn and greater Mansfield community, pledging to do "whatever we can to help." Opening alongside clothing store oneTribe and Japanese restaurant Haru Aki CafÃ©, the two aim to enhance the overall experience of the downtown and diversity of shops as visitors come and explore.
Although they had a "soft opening" a few days ago, there is a grand opening planned for Thursday, Feb. 6. As they settle in and continue adjusting and refining their inventory, Bhandari and Poudel encourage members of the Storrs-Mansfield community to come in and share what type of brands and products they would like to see in the store. Their variety will largely depend on customer preferences during their first weeks open and in business, as they continue getting shipments in slowly. Whether craft beers, fine wines or hard liquor, they are excited to accommodate and serve their customers in the best, most personal, way they can. The two also emphasized their commitment to keep prices reasonable.
Opening "Storrs Wine and Spirits" was an exciting experience for Bhandari and Poudel. Starting from scratch, neither has ever owned a liquor store before. After the entire process of securing licenses, permits and bouncing back and forth with the contractor, they are proud of how their business is developing and store has come out.
They are looking forward meeting the people of Storrs-Mansfield, getting feedback and becoming part of the friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The two appreciate any support and business, and are greatly anticipating what lies ahead.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?