Snow delays internship fair

By Nikki Cunningham

As the spring semester progresses, UConn's Center for Career Development is providing students the chance to gain useful experience in the working world. Originally scheduled for February 5, the 2014 Internship/Co-op Career Fair has been moved to a later date due to the severe weather forecast for the middle of this week.
Presented by the Department of Career Services, the event will be held on Wednesday, February 12, from
11:00AM-3:00PM in the Student Union Ballroom.
As stated on the Center for Career Development website, 'the Fair is intended for students in a wide range of majors with a variety of experience.'
This event is a main focus of Center for Career Development's "30 Days of Internships." Numerous companies covering many areas of interest will be represented at the fair. Businesses such as Cigna and United Health Group are just a sample of the major corporations that will be present, along with other companies such as Target and Macy's. Students can check the Center for Career Development website for a full list of participating employers.
Also available on the website is a series of support tools that provide advice for attending internship events. A particularly useful link is a PowerPoint presentation detailing the ins and outs of this type of event, which is meant to serve as a guide to a successful visit.
Other resources provided by the Center for Career Development include interview practice sessions, held at the office of the Center for Career Development in the Wilbur Cross building, and mock interviews run by companies such as General Electric, PepsiCo and CVS Pharmacy. To make the most of this event, and to access other resources that support students in obtaining internships, log on to the Center for Career Development website at www.career.uconn.edu.