Snow delays internship fair
As the spring semester progresses, UConn's Center for Career Development is providing students the chance to gain useful experience in the working world. Originally scheduled for February 5, the 2014 Internship/Co-op Career Fair has been moved to a later date due to the severe weather forecast for the middle of this week.
Presented by the Department of Career Services, the event will be held on Wednesday, February 12, from 11:00AM-3:00PM in the Student Union Ballroom.
As stated on the Center for Career Development website, 'the Fair is intended for students in a wide range of majors with a variety of experience.'
This event is a main focus of Center for Career Development's "30 Days of Internships." Numerous companies covering many areas of interest will be represented at the fair. Businesses such as Cigna and United Health Group are just a sample of the major corporations that will be present, along with other companies such as Target and Macy's. Students can check the Center for Career Development website for a full list of participating employers.
Also available on the website is a series of support tools that provide advice for attending internship events. A particularly useful link is a PowerPoint presentation detailing the ins and outs of this type of event, which is meant to serve as a guide to a successful visit.
Other resources provided by the Center for Career Development include interview practice sessions, held at the office of the Center for Career Development in the Wilbur Cross building, and mock interviews run by companies such as General Electric, PepsiCo and CVS Pharmacy. To make the most of this event, and to access other resources that support students in obtaining internships, log on to the Center for Career Development website at www.career.uconn.edu.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?