Morning bomb threat came from outside the UConn community

Including UConn, three schools report bomb threats Thursday morning

By Kathleen McWilliams

• Police respond to a bomb threat on UConn's Storrs campus on Thursday, April 3. Miles Halpine/THE DAILY CAMPUS

The bomb threat called into the Tasker building at 9:12 a.m. does "not appear to have been made by a UConn student," Chief of Police Barbara O'Connors said at a press conference Thursday afternoon.
The call, which was only made to the Tasker building, home of the admissions office, prompted an immediate evacuation of the building and the closure of Hillside Road to facilitate emergency operations. UConn Police, UConn Fire, State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation did a sweep of the building and found nothing suspicious.
According to O'Connors the report was that there was a fire arm in the building, but that claim was proved untrue after the investigation.
"UConn Police determined that the threat was not credible," O'Connors said.
On social media students at UConn expressed their concern that the threat was related to the admissions process, however, O'Connors denied that this was true and said it was not connected to admissions.
"This does not appear it is connected to the University of Connecticut," O'Connors said.
Similar threats called into Boston University's Admissions Office and University High School around the same time appear to be linked in the incident at UConn.
"We were contacted by University High School at 9:55 this morning," Gary Davison, Public Information Officer from Orange City Volusia County, Florida said. "They had received a bomb threat that was phoned into school, orange city police as well as our deputies responded to investigate, they also have a school resource deputy that responded at the school, the school was placed on lockdown for a period of time, but it was ultimately determined that the threat was unfounded."
According to Boston University Today, a news organizations through the university, a threat was made to their admissions office located at 881 Commonwealth Avenue at 10:30 a.m. BU and Boston Police did an investigation of the area and determined there was no threat to students. They opened the area at 12 p.m.
Boston University Police could not be reached for comment.