Men's and Women's Final Four games screening on campus

By Jackie Wattles

The University of Connecticut will be screening both the men's and women's Final Four basketball games on campus, UConn officials announced in an email to the student body Wednesday.
The men's game against the University of Florida will be shown at Gampel Pavilion on Saturday. Tipoff is expected at 6 p.m. and doors will open at 5 p.m. to begin student seating.
On Sunday, the women's game against Stanford will be shown at the Student Union Theater at 8:30 p.m., and doors will open at 8 p.m.
The screenings were announced in a joint letter from basketball coaches Geno Auriemma, Kevin Ollie and UConn President Susan Herbst, and they urged students to wear blue and white on game day.
"This weekend, the eyes of the nation will again be on UConn- not only in Dallas and Nashville, but back home in Connecticut as well," the email reads. "Knowing that, we also write to ask that you conduct yourselves with the same sense of class, respect and winning spirit that our players have shown- and which UConn students as a whole show each day."
Their warning comes after a 200-person mob formed in Fairfield Way Sunday following an underdog victory by the men's basketball team over Michigan State to advance to the Final Four. No damage was done to property, and no injuries were reported, but the celebration did leave one UConn student in handcuffs.
UConn had not traditionally aired Final Four games, but typically reserves screenings for championship matches. This will be the first year since 2011 that both the men's and women's team will be in the Final Four. That year, the men's team synched the victory, but the women were upset by Texas A&M.