More outrageous humor on pop culture

By Alex Sferrazza

Alas, we have reached the end of yet another season of "Robot Chicken."  Adult Swim's flagship program has proved if nothing else that after six seasons of pop culture randomness, "Robot Chicken" is still going as strong as ever. Following a great season kicked off by the fantastic "Robot Chicken: DC Comics Special," how exactly was the season finale?

In a few words: absolutely brilliant

One of the major segments of this episode featured an skit based off of the PIXAR film "Ratatouille."  As viewers of the film remember, Remy the rat controls the bodily movements of a human by pulling his hair.  RC takes this to another level by having Remy control his human face off in a mech style battle against the film's villainous film critic who RC reveals was apparently under the influence of a cat pulling his hair.  Long story short, it's a pretty funny take on a classic film.

"Robot Chicken" truly shines when it decides to attempt some outrageously random and absurd humor.  Two great standouts bits in this episode show case that.  The premises of each bit can pretty much sum this up without delving into much detail: a "hobo eating boxcar," and a glory hole for fish.  Your reaction should be a combination of "WTF" and "LOL," because these bits are just great.

Other funny bits worth mentioning include an appearance by recurring "Robot Chicken" character The Humping Robot who finds an interesting use for a child's amusement ride, a smart talking Hooters owl and a scene featuring Batman beating up a clown at a children's birthday party (a joke which, despite having been done often before from the likes of College Humor, remains very, very funny).

Almost the entire second half of the episode was dedicated to a parody of "Cabin in the Woods." Much of the humor from this bit arrives in the form of a zombification of geek god Joss Whedon (director of "The Avengers" who also co wrote and produced "Cabin in the Woods".) As Zombie Whedon murders teenagers, he has some great one liners "Now you cut short like my TV series 'Firefly'" and "F&@! network TV! ....is the point I was trying to make earlier." In the end, Zombie Whedon is defeated by the efforts of the Robot Chicken nerd character who vanquishes the Zombie Whedon when he and a girl simultaneously lose their virginities.  Seriously, its weird, random and absolutely hilarious.

As per "Robot Chicken" tradition, the bit and the episode concluded with the Adult Swim executives "canceling" the show.

In all, the Joss Whedon bit was an absolutely spectacular conclusion to another fantastic season of "Robot Chicken."  Despite the traditional cancellation gag that occurred at the episode's end, Adult Swim has renewed the show for a seventh season.  Enjoy re watching the finale and prepare for the return of "Robot Chicken"  sometime in the latter half of 2013.

A