Therapy dogs are back
The Rainbow Center hosted the third segment of its series on stress management, "Therapy Dog Study Break," on Wednesday afternoon. The first two parts of the series included a massage class and aromatherapy. The event was organized by Jenn Donnelly, 7th-semester psychology and women, gender and sexuality studies double major, and Jessica Malboeuf, a 7th-semester animal science major. Students were able to enjoy the company of Codie, a two-year-old pit bull in training to become a therapy dog. The event was separate from the therapy dogs that are taken to the library during finals week to help students to unwind.
"It was real nice to have a dog to pet and play with," said David Furnes, a 7th-semester computer science major. "I have my own dog at home and I miss her sometimes, so it was nice to see one."
"I think it would be a great idea for Student Health Services to have therapy dogs available to students year round," said Jonathan Huang, a 7th-semester chemical engineering major.
The Rainbow Center will continue its series of stress management events during finals week by bringing fresh-baked cookies to the library.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest