Therapy dogs are back
The Rainbow Center hosted the third segment of its series on stress management, "Therapy Dog Study Break," on Wednesday afternoon. The first two parts of the series included a massage class and aromatherapy. The event was organized by Jenn Donnelly, 7th-semester psychology and women, gender and sexuality studies double major, and Jessica Malboeuf, a 7th-semester animal science major. Students were able to enjoy the company of Codie, a two-year-old pit bull in training to become a therapy dog. The event was separate from the therapy dogs that are taken to the library during finals week to help students to unwind.
"It was real nice to have a dog to pet and play with," said David Furnes, a 7th-semester computer science major. "I have my own dog at home and I miss her sometimes, so it was nice to see one."
"I think it would be a great idea for Student Health Services to have therapy dogs available to students year round," said Jonathan Huang, a 7th-semester chemical engineering major.
The Rainbow Center will continue its series of stress management events during finals week by bringing fresh-baked cookies to the library.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...