Atwater closed after water main damage
A water main in the Atwater Laboratory was damaged on Jan 8. according to a UConn alert sent out around 3 p.m. The damage caused the building to be closed for the rest of the day and flooding in the Atwater basement. Buildings surrounding Atwater may have also experienced a decrease in water pressure.
The water main was damaged while an outside contractor was digging an area for a utility pole. The water main pipe is crucial in transporting water underground and when damaged can lead to flooding and water pressure issues.
University facilities crews will be working through the night to assess the damage and make repairs. As a consequence, thru traffic on North Eagleville road has been closed, and fans of the UConn men's basketball against Harvard in Gampel Pavillion may experience traffic detours on the way to the game.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care