'Legally Blonde' opening this Friday night
The Connecticut Repertory Theater's production of "Legally Blonde: The Musical" opens this Friday, April 25 at 8:00 p.m. It will be performed at the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theatre on dates ranging until May 4.
The production stems from multiple sources. The book by Heather Hach, music and lyrics by Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin, the novel by Amanda Brown and, of course, the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer motion picture. Despite the familiarity most people have with the story, the play is promised to be different.
"It's the same story, so if you love the movie, you'll love the show," Courtney Hammond, the actress playing Elle Woods, told FoxCT Morning Extra. "But it's all heightened; We've got music, dancing, sets and puppets. It's a lot of fun."
Director and choreographer, Gerry McIntyre, is well-known for his ability of producing high quality, high-energy shows. He won the 2013 Connecticut Critics Circle Award for Best Choreographer for CRT's production of "Hairspray."
"Once the ride starts, it never stops until the bows," Gerry said in a CRT "Behind the Scenes" interview. "The energy of the show, it just never stops. It's like a Disney World ride: it's fantastic. You need to keep your hands in the ride at all times, because you just might get hurt, it's so fantastic."
One difference in the musical is the incorporation of a puppet. Bruiser the Chihuahua is a hand-held puppet that is easily used by all actors. By combining puppetry arts into the performance, CRT highlights one well-known department of UConn's art program; also, it is a creative solution to include Bruiser within the performance.
Tickets are available on CRT's website or at their box office. "Legally Blonde: The Musical" should be a lively show that is entertaining for all ages.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?