Lacrosse: UConn to play Villanova in first televised game
Lauren Kahn looks to lead UConn past Villanova this weekend. The Huskies will play its first televised game at 1 p.m. TROY CALDEIRA/The Daily Campus
The UConn women's lacrosse team will take on Villanova this Saturday at 1 p.m. at the George Sherman Family Sports Complex. The match will be the last regular season game for the Huskies.
The game is a special one for UConn. Not only is it Senior Day for the Huskies, but the game will also be broadcasted on Fox Sports 2. It will be the first time in program history that the team plays on television.
UConn coach Kathleen Woods emphasized that the team was extremely anxious about Saturday's game.
"Everyone is really excited," Woods said. "It is a first for everyone in this program. The girls cannot wait to play because it also falls on Senior Day. I will not have to say much of a pregame speech because they are all so fired up. It takes it to a whole new level."
The Huskies are coming off a big road win in Cincinnati last week. UConn was able to hand the Bearcats a 17-6 loss on their own turf, improving to 9-6 on the season in the process.
Woods said they will have to continue to play like they did in Cincinnati if they wish to end the season with a win.
"Execution is going to be very important," Woods said. "In Cincinnati, once we started to settle down, we started to execute our game plan. That was how we found success. We need to keep making the hustle plays. The most important thing for Saturday is going to be playing a complete game."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care