'Archer' season finale sees an end to 'Vice' storyline
It looks like the Archer family drug cartel will be no more. Last Monday on the season finale of Archer Vice, there was quite a bit of wrapping up to do, including the business of selling cocaine and weapons.
Well, maybe not. Who really knows? There have never really been high ethical standards among the ex-ISIS, crew but it would appear that the team is going back into the spy business.
One of my favorite lines in that scene was when Mallory demands that they also renovate the offices. The ISIS offices always looked like they were from the 70s with wood paneling, shag rugs and dated looking computers, so this joke hit a nice mark.
There were a lot of throwback references in this episode, which is what gives Archer its signature style. Generally though, the jokes are repeated jokes, but in different situations. This time they referenced Archer's cancer, Archer drowning at the end of last season and Mallory giving birth to Sterling in a warzone.
The finale also had a pretty decent amount of Dr. Kreiger, which was nice. But at the same time, it helped me realize that while I've been begging for more Kreiger screen time, what makes his character so funny is the cloud of mystery that follows him. You never know exactly what he's doing, and the more he is on screen the less obscure and mysterious he becomes.
The very end of the episode comes with a special surprise that most of us probably guessed from the beginning. It is going to create some strange tensions next season, and I'm excited to see what happens.
A few weeks ago, FX renewed Archer for two more seasons, but it won't start until next winter per usual.
"Archer: Vice" was a nice break from the standard episode formula that seemed to be taking hold in the first few seasons, but it will be nice to get back to familiarity.
Some of my predictions for next season include: Cherlene returning to being just regular Carol (Archer just gave up on calling her Cherlene for the last episode), Pam putting most of her weight back on from cocaine withdrawal, they won't be short on sex appeal for female characters because Lana isn't pregnant anymore and Archer will be a better father to his new daughter than he was to the wee-baby Seamus, or at least try.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?