UConn forward DeAndre Daniels declares for NBA Draft
UConn forward DeAndre Daniels throws down a dunk against Florida in the Final Four at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Daniels announced Friday that he will forgo his senior season at UConn and declare for the NBA Draft. JON KULAKOFSKY/The Daily Campus
UConn junior DeAndre Daniels will forgo his senior year and has decided to enter the NBA Draft.
Daniels' decision was first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, and Daniels confirmed the decision with a statement through his Twitter account.
"This is bittersweet, but I made a decision that's best for me and my family," Daniels said. "UConn will always be my home. I love this school so much and the dedicated school spirit of the fans.
"The past three years here, in Storrs, were the best three years of my life. I wouldn't change anything for the world. I will always #BleedBlue #NotGonnaLieICried #HUSKYFORLIFE."
Daniels, a 6-foot-8-inch forward, averaged 16 points and 7.2 rebounds per game in the 2014 NCAA tournament, helping UConn win its fourth national championship.
In 99 career games, Daniels averaged 9.6 points and 4.6 rebounds. He is the first player to leave UConn early and declare for the NBA Draft under Kevin Ollie, but he is the 16th player recruited by Jim Calhoun to do so.
Junior guard Ryan Boatright has yet to announce his intentions. He has until Sunday to do so.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit