UConn: Men's hockey to play Yellow Jackets
The UConn men's hockey team will take on the AIC Yellow Jackets twice this weekend, as they will play both Friday and Saturday night at 7:05 p.m.
The Huskies match up against the Yellow Jackets earlier this year as UConn exterminated AIC 8-1. Tyler Brouchard led the team with two goals and he also assisted on a goal. Brent Harris and Jordan Sims each led the team with two assists while Harris also notched a goal. Cody Sharib, Patrick Kirtland, Sean Gaffney and Trevor Gerling were also able to beat the AIC goaltender.
The Yellow Jackets have gone 3-11-1 since they played the Huskies two months ago. They have an overall record 6-15-1 on the season and have gone 4-10-1 in the conference.
AIC is led in scoring by three of their players: Alexander MacMillan, who has scored 19 points on 10 goals and 9 assists, Jon Puskar, who has also scored 19 points on 10 goals and 9 assists and their teammate Norris David has scored 19 points on 16 assists and three goals.
Freshman Hunter Leisner has started a majority of the Yellow Jackets' games this year and has gone 4-6-1 while compiling 424 saves.
The Yellow Jackets rank ninth, right behind the Huskies, in goals scored during conference play this season and are currently in tenth in the Atlantic Hockey Conference.
The Huskies go into the weekend coming off of consecutive ties to the conference leading Mercyhurst. UConn will look to improve on their 10-7-4 overall record and their 8-4-3 conference record. The Huskies are currently ranked as the fourth best team in the Atlantic Hockey Conference.
The puck drops on the weekend double header at 7:05 p.m. in the Freitas Ice Forum on both Friday and Saturday night.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools