Debut author Ron Burgundy crafts literary masterpiece
“Let Me Off At The Top! My Classy Life & Other Musings” by Ron Burgundy is a wonderful comedic autobiography written entirely in character by Will Ferrell. Alex Sferrazza/ The Daily Campus
Just how great is Ron Burgundy's new book? To put it lightly, folks this just might be the best work of human literature since the Bible.
Suffice it to say, it's kind of a big deal.
"Let Me Off At The Top! My Classy Life and Other Musings" by the immortal Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy is a brilliant memoir from a brilliant man. Rather than provide us with a boring, run of the mill, fact checked and grammar corrected yawn fest, Burgundy gets right down to the truthiness of the greatest story he's ever delivered: his own incredible and inspirational life.
The book covers everything you ever wanted to know about the man with the finest hair in the world, from his days as a student at "Our Lady Queen of Chewbacca High School," all the way to his time as the iconic newsman the world has grown to love today. By the time you're finished with the title, you'll have learned everything fromhow Mr. Burgundy invented the WonderBra and the SuperSoaker (in the same day no less), to his daring courtship of a 28-year-old woman at the age of 12.
Burgundy plays by his own rules and doesn't let you forget it. Would any other logical author repeatedly interrupt their narrative to rant about how their neighbor won't return their leaf blower? Of course not. Because none of them have the manly guts of Ron Burgundy.
Burgundy also offers readers a plethora of useful tips throughout the book including his advice on "What Kind of Breath Turns a Woman on?" and his ever handy "12 Rules for Living Through a Prison Riot."
Some might brush off Mr. Burgundy's ingenious writing style as the work of an idiot. These posers simply fail to recognize Burgundy for what he really is: a brilliant, brave, risk taking, no holds barred, red, white and blue maverick.
In all seriousness now, "Let Me Off at the Top" is nothing less than a work of pure comedic genius. Written completely in character as Burgundy, Will Ferrel has crafted a brilliant piece of pop culture laden satire that is sure to please any "Anchorman" fan and shouldn't be missed by any serious comedy fan in general. Incredibly, the title rarely runs out of steam and while a few running gags may get a bit old, for the most part you'll find yourself laughing out loud over its sheer absurdity. It's offensive, a bit insensitive and dangerously funny. This isn't a work for the faint of heart, but if you can handle a joke, you're in for one hell of a ride.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?