'Pretty Little Liars' gets closer to the big reveal

By Loumarie Rodriguez

Deceit, lies, and disaster, oh my! The Pretty Little Liars are slowly uncovering the truth, as they are steps closer to figuring out the identity of "A," and according to commercials, there are only two episodes until from the big reveal.

Poor, innocent Emily is still grief-stricken with her rebel girlfriend, Maya, who has run away at the threat of being sent back to the clinic to stop her marijuana habits. No phone calls, text messages or any sign of where she could be or who with. Luckily, her dad comes along to help her track her down. Emily seems very determined to find someone who doesn't want to be found.

After discovering there was more to the video they found on A's phone the girls are extremely suspicious of Melissa and are ready to turn her in. Fortunately enough they let go of the accusations to Spencer's relief, until they find real proof. Spencer did question her sister but as usual with this show, more answers leads to more questions.

Hanna's and Aria's mom have finally picked on the girl's suspicious behavior of paranoia. How long did it take them to finally realize that? A little too long, but Hanna's mom does pay a visit to the over-friendly cop who is now helping because he can get fired if the police station finds out they got frisky.

As the girls continue to deal with the unfolding drama of figuring out "A," there is a Father/Daughter dance, which should lead viewers to ask: "What kind of high school has a Father/Daughter dance?" All the girls are hesitant to go, except for Emily, since each girl has a personal vendetta with their father, making things leading up to this dance a little complicated.

Spencer is suspicious of her father paying off Alison to keep her quiet; Aria is upset with her father because he is trying to send Ezra to another state and Hanna's father simply bailed on her. It's obvious that this dance will be a disaster (and it was) and Spencer learns that her father used the money for a private investigator to follow Melissa. He was paranoid that she might have possibly murdered Alison after she kept sending her threatening text messages. As for Aria she can't stand her father so she storms off. But before going home, she agreed to lie to Hanna's mom. She claims she was the blackmailer in order to Hanna to stop investigating, but of course Hanna's mom doesn't believe a word of it.

The episode ends with Spencer's dad discovering his gun is missing. The plot becomes more complicated as we go deeper into the mystery and possibly finally uncovering the truth of Alison's murder. Tune in tonight to see "Pretty Little Liars" on ABC Family at 8 p.m.