CRT Hairspray auditions
The Connecticut Repertory Theater will hold auditions, open for all UConn students for their spring production of "Hairspray" on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 3 p.m. in room 101 of the Drama/Music Building.
The CRT's Main Stage Series shows feature professional actors alongside UConn's student actors.
The production, which will run from April 25 to May 5 at the Harriet S. Jorgensen Theater, tells the story of Tracy Turnblad, a 1962 girl who wins a spot on a Baltimore television dance program. The Broadway production of the play, adapted from the 1988 John Waters comedy of the same name, won eight Tony Awards in 2003 including "Best Musical."
Students interested in auditioning should prepare 16-32 bars of a 1960s pop song or a song from the show and bring sheet music with them.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care