Women's Hockey East Power Rankings

By Kyle Constable
On November 26, 2012

As women's ice hockey nears the conclusion of the first half of the season, here is this week's assessment of where things stand in the Hockey East.
8. Connecticut (2-12-2, 1-5-0)
After two losses in the Nutmeg Classic this past weekend, the Huskies continue to slide downhill. Having given up a conference record 66 goals, Connecticut needs to act quickly if they want to salvage the season.
7. Maine (2-8-1, 1-6-0)
The Black Bears have lost their past two games, falling to New Hampshire 1-2 and Team Russia 0-3. They have found little success in the conference this season and the schedule only looks more difficult from here on out.
6. Vermont (3-9-2, 2-3-2)
The Catamounts have notched their first two ties of the season in the past three weeks in critical games against Northeastern and Providence. The other game in the three-week span was a 5-1 win over Connecticut. Earlier in the season, though, they were not as fortunate and their record is still lacking as a result.
5. New Hampshire (6-9-1, 3-2-1)
After suffering two losses to No. 1 Minnesota, the Wildcats are on track for a par performance this season. A combination of inconsistent offense and defense has been the team's weakness, allowing 52 goals while only scoring 37 of their own. However their schedule for the remainder of the season will give them several opportunities to improve.
4. Providence (8-5-2, 5-2-2)
Following a 4-0 win over Union College this past weekend, the Friars continue an above average season as they continue to fight for the number one spot in the conference. However, losses to Boston College and Boston University as well as a tie at Vermont are hurting their chances of seeing that through.
3. Northeastern (8-3-2, 4-3-1)
The No. 9 Huskies have had a strong season thus far, including a 6-4 exhibition win over Team Russia this past weekend. However, back-to-back losses to Boston College prior to this weekend's game and a loss to Boston University earlier in the season continue to show signs of weakness in conference competition.
2. Boston College (8-3-2, 5-2-1)
With two wins in Nutmeg Classic over Yale 5-0 and Quinnipiac 3-0, the No. 6 Eagles have continued their solid performance through November. The team has not had a loss since October and is currently on a four-game winning streak.
1. Boston University (9-3-1, 4-2-1)
The Terriers are having an impressive season, currently occupying the No. 5 spot in the national rankings. Their absolute trouncing of Providence in a 7-1 victory and 2-1 victory over No. 7 Harvard has only served to solidify their No. 1 status in the Hockey East.