USG to charter bus to Dallas, TX for Final Four game

The Undergraduate Student Government is giving 51 students the opportunity to purchase Constitution Coach bus tickets to Saturday's Final Four basketball game between UConn and the Florida Gators.
Tickets will be sold at the Student Union ticket booth starting at noon today. They will cost $100 and will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, according to undergraduate board of trustees representative Michael Daniels.
Students will be able to buy one ticket per person using cash, credit or Husky Bucks. Confirmation that student tickets to the game have already been bought must be presented in order to claim a bus ticket. Students will also be required to fill out a waiver with emergency contact information at the time of purchase.
The UConn Student Government said it hopes that the bus will give students a cheaper way to get to Texas.
"With the price of game tickets being relatively cheap ($40 for UConn students), we figured it made more sense to help with travel for this game," Undergraduate Student Trustee Michael Daniels said. Daniels helped to organize the ticket subsidy that was applied to Sweet Sixteen tickets purchased by UConn students.
The bus will leave campus on Friday at 6 a.m. to embark on a drive that will take approximately 25-26 hours, assuming traffic is minimal. Two stops will be made along the way in Virginia and Tennessee to give students the chance to stretch and potentially grab a bite to eat.
The bus will depart Texas and head back to Connecticut the day after UConn's final game. If the team wins on Saturday, the bus will depart at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, after Monday's championship game. If they lose, the bus will leave at 9 a.m. on Sunday.
Lodging is not included in the price of bus tickets. Students are expected to make their own hotel reservations through the entirety of the trip, and must also find a way to the game to and from their hotel.
The expected drop off point is at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, where the game is set to tip off at 6:09 p.m.