Baseball: After loss to BC, UConn looks to rebound against Yale

By Scott Carroll

• UConn freshman Aaron Hill takes a pitch during a baseball game earlier this season at J.O. Christian Field. Hill drew a walk in the 2-1 Huskies loss to Boston College Tuesday afternoon. UConn drops to 12-13 on the season and will host the Yale (9-11) on Wednesday.

The UConn baseball team lost last night to the Boston College Eagles by a score of 2-1 in Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Andrew Zapata got the start on the hill for the Huskies, and he was able to toss five plus innings while giving up one unearned run on one hit and six walks.
The Huskies outhit the Eagles 7-4 as Bobby Melley went 3-3 on the day, raising his batting average to .548 over the last 12 games.
UConn scored its lone run in the top of the sixth when Melley was able to cross the plate after a wild pitch from Boston College pitcher Mike King.
The Eagles would respond in the bottom of the sixth as a UConn throwing error made it a 1-1 game heading into the top of the seventh.
Errors would get the Huskies in trouble again in the bottom of the ninth. After pitching three scoreless innings on six strikeouts, Patrick Ruotolo gave up a leadoff single that would eventually score on another UConn fielding error.
Redshirt freshmen Luke Fernandes picked up his first win of the season for the Eagles as the Huskies fell by a score of 2-1.
The loss drops UConn's record to 12-13 on the year as they move into a game with in-state rival Yale.
The Huskies will take on the Bulldogs today at 3 p.m. at J.O. Christian Field in Storrs, Conn.
Yale comes into the matchup with a 9-11 record after sweeping the Columbia Lions in a two-game series. However, prior to the series with Columbia, the Bulldogs were on a five game losing streak that saw them get swept by Penn and Holy Cross in consecutive series.
The Bulldogs are led in batting average by infielder Harrison White, who is batting .382. Four other Bulldogs are batting over .300 as Jacob Hunter, Richard Slenker, Green Campbell and Robert Baldwin have each been batting well this season.
Sophomore Chris Lenham leads the Bulldogs in wins, as he is the only Yale pitcher with a winning record at 4-1. Lenham has struck out 24 batters this year while only allowing 11 walks.