Women's Lacrosse: UConn falls to Dartmouth, 14-11
The UConn women's lacrosse team lost 14-11 to Dartmouth at Skully-Fahey Field on Wednesday.
The Huskies started off the game strong with two quick goals from midfielders, Katherine Fickelston and Karaline Smith, but Dartmouth came storming back with some offense of their own.
The Big Green responded with four straight goals. Dartmouth was able to take control of the game after Sarah Byrne scored three of her game-high six goals, which gave Dartmouth a commanding 8-5 lead at the half.
UConn's Jordan Christopher tried to rally UConn at the start of the second half when she scored a quick goal on Dartmouth's Kristen Giovanniello, but Dartmouth continued to retaliate.
The Huskies were very productive in the offensive zone, but they were unable to stop Dartmouth from scoring. The teams traded goals for ten minutes until Dartmouth attacker Liz Calby netted two goals, making it a four-goal game.
Connecticut was only able to cut Dartmouth's lead to two for the remainder of the game. Dartmouth's high-powered offense was too much for the Huskies to handle on the road. However, UConn sophomore goalkeeper, Shannon Nee, did have a season high 15 saves on the day despite giving up 14 goals.
Connecticut's next game is Saturday at 1 p.m. against No. 13 Boston College at the George Sherman-Family Sports Complex. A win Saturday would bring the Huskies back to .500 on the season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
- Men's Basketball: Jalen Adams commits to UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy
- AARP Offers Tools for Caregivers
- Getting the Best Price for Your House to Help Finance...
- Why Purchase a Fishing License?