Louisville extended ACC invite over UConn
Louisville will join the Atlantic Coast Conference, denying UConn a chance to join the conference according to an ESPN report.
The Cardinals are expected to begin play in the ACC starting 2014. Big East rules stipulate that Louisville must pay a $10 million exit fee and wait 27 months before leaving the Big East, but Louisville is expected to negotiate a deal to leave before that 27 month period, according to ESPN.
UConn president Susan Herbst told Hartford Courant reporter Jeff Jacobs, "The joy we've had for the past couple decades has been in the Big East," said Herbst. "I think everybody should try to keep that in mind."
With the addition of Louisville, the ACC currently sits at 14 teams. Louisville is now also the sixth team to leave the Big East and join the ACC.
This news comes off of yesterday's announcement of Tulane University and Eastern Carolina University's invitation to join the Big East in 2014.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care