Men's Swimming and Diving Go to Louisville for First-Ever AAC Championships
The UConn men's swimming and diving team will look to continue its winning streak as it heads to Louisville, Ky. for the first annual American Athletic Conference Championships.
The Huskies went 6-0 in head-to-head dual meets this year, only tasting defeat once in late November at the Virginia Tech Invitational, where they finished fourth out of four teams.
Cincinnati, Southern Methodist and home team Louisville round out the rest of the men's teams that will compete at the championships, which will be held at the Ralph R. Wright Natatorium Feb. 19-22.
Despite going undefeated in dual meets this year, UConn enters the contest with the lowest point total among the four teams, with 635.56. UConn, however, had a meet cancelled and was only able to compete in six meets instead of the customary seven. Louisville enters with the most points, at 931.70, and a 7-0 record.
Preliminary swims are set to begin at 10 a.m. each day, with the finals taking place in the evening at 6 p.m. Diving preliminaries are set to begin at noon each day, with the finals taking place at 6 p.m. alongside the swim events.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care