Men's Swimming and Diving Go to Louisville for First-Ever AAC Championships
The UConn men's swimming and diving team will look to continue its winning streak as it heads to Louisville, Ky. for the first annual American Athletic Conference Championships.
The Huskies went 6-0 in head-to-head dual meets this year, only tasting defeat once in late November at the Virginia Tech Invitational, where they finished fourth out of four teams.
Cincinnati, Southern Methodist and home team Louisville round out the rest of the men's teams that will compete at the championships, which will be held at the Ralph R. Wright Natatorium Feb. 19-22.
Despite going undefeated in dual meets this year, UConn enters the contest with the lowest point total among the four teams, with 635.56. UConn, however, had a meet cancelled and was only able to compete in six meets instead of the customary seven. Louisville enters with the most points, at 931.70, and a 7-0 record.
Preliminary swims are set to begin at 10 a.m. each day, with the finals taking place in the evening at 6 p.m. Diving preliminaries are set to begin at noon each day, with the finals taking place at 6 p.m. alongside the swim events.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit