UConn student arrested in on-campus drug bust
Author Marylin Nelson launched her new children’s bool, ‘Snook Alone,’ at the UConn Co-op Tuesday. Nelson has won several awards, including Newbery Honor, the Coretta Scott King Honor and the Printz Honor.
A University of Connecticut student charged with operating a drug factory out of his dorm room at the Storrs campus has been arrested today as police seized $30,000 in narcotics, according to police officials.
Police executed a search and seizure warrant earlier today at the residence of the student, Alexander Angeloff, who lives in Grange Hall, a residential student building, according to a news release from the UConn Police Department.
Upon searching the residence, police found $30,000 of marijuana, heroin, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, ecstasy, PCP and crystal methamphetamine as well as $4,716 in cash. Police also found a pill press used to package narcotics for sale, according to the release.
The arrest is the result of an ongoing investigation "spanning several months" into the sale of narcotics at the Storrs campus, the release said.
Angeloff has been charged with possession of heroin, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA (ecstasy), hallucinogen (LSD), PCP and other drug paraphernalia as well as possession with the intent to sell heroin, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, MDMA (ecstasy), hallucinogen (LSD) and PCP.
Additionally, he has been charged with operating a drug factory on campus, bringing the total to 14 charges.
Police found 1.4 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 3.21 pounds of psilocybin mushrooms, 2.3 grams of heroin, 488 individual doses of LSD, 74.9 grams of marijuana, 1782 individual does of ecstasy and 1.8 grams of PCP.
The Judicial District of Tolland issued the warrant for Angeloff's arrest.
Angeloff is being held on a $500,000 bond and is scheduled to appear at the Rockville Superior Court on Monday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit