Golf: UConn competes in Colleton Collegiate
Sophomore golfer Zach Zaback shot eight-under-par over three rounds at the Palm Valley Golf Club in Goodyear, Ariz. to finish tied for seventh at the Snowman Getaway tournament earlier this week.
Zaback, who leads the team in scoring average, shot a one-under 71 followed by a two-under 70 on Monday. On Tuesday, he fired a five-under 67, climbing up the leaderboard and finishing in the top 10 individually.
The team as a whole finished with an eight-over-par 872, which was good for 10th out of the 17 schools competing. It did show steady improvement over the three rounds, scoring 301, 293 and 278.
Sophomore Cameron MacKay and Junior Chris Wiatr both finished tied for 50th, posting matching scores of four-over-par for the tournament.
Individual medalist honors went to Ryan McCormick of St. John's University, who shot a dazzling 15-under-par for the tournament. Air Force Academy and Illinois State University were the top teams, both scoring 15-under par over the three rounds.
The Huskies will travel to South Carolina next week to play in the Colleton Collegiate tournament at the Colleton River Pete Dye Course in Bluffton, S.C.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care