Car collides with Blue Line bus
A UConn Blue Line shuttle bus was involved in an accident with a car Monday afternoon near W Lot outside of Husky Village.
The bus was making a left turn into the parking lot when a vehicle attempted to pass the bus on the left. The bus driver realized that she was trying to be passed and subsequently straightened out.
"The bus was preparing to turn into W Lot with her left turn signal on," said Janet Freniere, manager of transportation services for UConn. "The driver saw the car [attempting to pass on the left] and straightened the bus out so he wouldn't broadside her."
However, she could not straighten out the bus quick enough to avoid the collision with the passing car.
"A guy behind the bus, as it was taking a left, tried to pass on the left, and the driver realized it and tried to straighten out, but he still hit into her," said Thomas McNamara, a sixth-semester accounting major and eyewitness to the incident. "The bus got a decent number of scratches on it and the car had some bad dents."
The bus remained at the site of the accident until police came to help deal with the situation.
"The bus sat in the road for about twenty minutes until a police officer arrived and had the bus driver turn into W lot," said McNamara.
"The driver of the car was cited for two different infractions," said Freniere. One of the infractions was driving without a license.
There have not been any reported injuries from the incident.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?