Car collides with Blue Line bus
A UConn Blue Line shuttle bus was involved in an accident with a car Monday afternoon near W Lot outside of Husky Village.
The bus was making a left turn into the parking lot when a vehicle attempted to pass the bus on the left. The bus driver realized that she was trying to be passed and subsequently straightened out.
"The bus was preparing to turn into W Lot with her left turn signal on," said Janet Freniere, manager of transportation services for UConn. "The driver saw the car [attempting to pass on the left] and straightened the bus out so he wouldn't broadside her."
However, she could not straighten out the bus quick enough to avoid the collision with the passing car.
"A guy behind the bus, as it was taking a left, tried to pass on the left, and the driver realized it and tried to straighten out, but he still hit into her," said Thomas McNamara, a sixth-semester accounting major and eyewitness to the incident. "The bus got a decent number of scratches on it and the car had some bad dents."
The bus remained at the site of the accident until police came to help deal with the situation.
"The bus sat in the road for about twenty minutes until a police officer arrived and had the bus driver turn into W lot," said McNamara.
"The driver of the car was cited for two different infractions," said Freniere. One of the infractions was driving without a license.
There have not been any reported injuries from the incident.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools