Husky Grab & Go has much to offer
New campus store contains unique products
Husky Grab & Go, one of UConn’s newest stores, is located at 1232 Storrs Road, sharing its complex with DP Dough, Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza and other businesses. The store offers items both common, like most snacks, and unique, like hard-boiled duck eggs. Kevin Scheller / The Daily Campus
Last semester, local entrepreneur Gias Ahamad opened Husky Grab & Go, a convenience store that provides a wide array of goods and services in demand by UConn students. Located at 1232 Storrs Road, above DP Dough, Husky Grab and Go provides customers with ample parking, something Ahamad believes makes his store more convenient than competitors.
Like any convenience store, Husky Grab & Go offers a plethora of goods that cater specifically to the needs of college students, ranging from ramen noodles to tobacco-based products.
However, the store offers several goods and services not available elsewhere. For example, Ahamad sometimes stocks his ATM with a fifty-dollar bill so customers can win thirty dollars if they make a lucky withdrawal.
Husky Grab & Go also adequately stocks a wide variety of cooking supplies commonly used in Asian cooking in order to supply international students with the items they need to prepare meals the way they do at home. One example is the hard-boiled duck eggs that Husky Grab & Go offers.
The store stocks a wide variety of tobacco products, which Ahamad insists are cheaper than those of competitors. In addition, Husky Grab & Go will soon be adding beer to the range of products it supplies.
Husky Grab & Go also offers a variety of snacks and beverages, ranging from chips to health snacks for today's weight conscious snacker on the go. Any size of coffee can be purchased for 99 cents. A variety of other drinks are also sold for 99 cents apiece. One such beverage carried is energy coffee, which according to Ahamad can provide the extra boost students need while studying.
Husky Grab & Go also stocks cleaning goods to allow students to keep their dorms and apartments clean and orderly. The store also stocks some basic car care products for students who drive. The store's hours of operation are from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
- Column: Davis in advantageous position to reach elite level for UConn
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?