Lacrosse: Kahn scores five goals in Huskies' win over Cincy
Following a defeat to Louisville, the Huskies rebounded to defeat Cincinnati 17-6 Saturday afternoon. UConn improved their overall record to 9-6 and to 4-2 in Big East games. Coach Katie Woods praised the team for their bounce back. "It's extremely important to follow a loss with such good effort. We refocused, remembered to play like us and put ourselves in a position to win," Woods said.
UConn got ahead early with a goal by senior Lauren Kahn. Cincinnati was able to tie the game, but UConn senior Kacey Pippitt scored two quick goals to give the Huskies a lead that would hold for the rest of the game. Kahn would go on to score another goal in the first half and Pippitt finished with five points for the game.
UConn was able to keep momentum in the second half. Jacqueline Jordan and Lauren Kahn got the second half going with two goals to bring the score to 10-4. Kahn would finish the game with five goals, bringing her season total to 32, second on the team.
The Huskies play their last game in the regular season against Villanova next Saturday afternoon. Woods stressed the importance of finishing the season strong.
"Look at our basketball teams. It's all about getting hot at the end, to set yourself up for a chance to do something special," Woods said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit