Romantic classics to warm your Valentine's Day

By Breanna Suden

Looking for a romantic movie to watch this Valentine's Day? Here are a handful of classics that will have you smitten. So grab your blanket, some popcorn, cozy up and enjoy.
"The Notebook." A classic love story between a wealthy young woman, Allie Hamilton (Rachel McAdams) and a poor country boy, Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling). After meeting at a carnival one night and falling in love, they are soon separated against their will by social differences. Fate reunites them years later, and they are faced with the decision to stay together, or go their separate ways.
"Crazy Stupid Love." Cal Weaver's (Steve Carell) world changes when his wife Emily (Julianne Moore) unexpectedly asks for a divorce. It isn't until he meets a younger bachelor (Ryan Gosling) at a bar who decides to teach him how to rediscover himself by picking up girls. In an attempt to even the score with Emily, Cal sets out to score with as many women as he can. Complications ensue, but they are not necessarily the ones you might expect.
"He's Just Not That Into You." Based on a self-help book, the movie follows the love lives of a dozen characters that need to ask themselves, is he really that into me? Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin) is a woman attempting to understand the mixed signals she gets from the men she's dating. She follows the advice from a bar owner (Justin Long) who prides himself on understanding the dating scene. Gigi's co-worker Janine (Jennifer Connelly) finds herself involved in a redecorating project with her husband, Ben (Bradley Cooper) who unbeknownst to her contemplates an affair with Anna (Scarlett Johansson), a woman he met at the grocery store. Another of Gigi's friends at work, Beth (Jennifer Aniston), enjoys a successful, healthy relationship with Neil (Ben Affleck), but problems arise, as he has no interest in getting married.
"Dirty Dancing." A doctor's daughter (Jennifer Grey) falls for a dance instructor (Patrick Swayze) while vacationing with her family at a resort in the Catskills. She fills in as his dance partner and they fall in love as he teaches her a routine. But their love is tested by a complicated turn of events and pressures from her family.
"A Walk to Remember." Landon Carter (Shane West) is the most popular guy at school. Jamie Sullivan (Mandy Moore), the reverend's daughter, has nothing in common with Landon. When Landon gets in trouble and is forced to participate in the school play, he asks Jamie for help and spends most of his time with her. Neither of them expected to develop such strong feelings for each other. But when a heart-breaking secret becomes known that puts their relationship to the test, it is then that Landon and Jamie realize the true meaning of love and fate.
"Time Traveler's Wife." Henry, a Chicago librarian (Eric Bana) has a gene that causes him to involuntarily time travel. When stranger Clare (Rachel McAdams) meets him in the library, she confesses that she has been in love with him since she was six years old. Henry learns how he has visited Clare many times and he soon falls in love. The two get married, but Henry's unexpected time travels leave him gone for weeks at a time and put a strain on their relationship.
"Dear John." Based on the Nicholas Sparks novel, a young soldier, John Tyree (Channing Tatum) falls in love with college student Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried) while he's home on leave. But when John gets deployed, he has no choice but to leave the love of his life. Savannah promises to keep in touch with letters, which were one of the only things that kept John going. But when John returns home he has to come to terms with the reality that Savannah moved on.
"When Harry Met Sally." Harry (Billy Cyrstal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) meet when Sally gives him a ride to New York after they both graduated from college. The film jumps through their lives as they both search for love and fail, bumping into each other time and time again. A close friendship blooms between them, and they are confronted with the problem: can a man and a woman be friends without sex getting in the way?
"How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Benjamin Barry (Matthew McConaughey) is an advertising executive and ladies man who, to win a big campaign, bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days. Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson) is a journalist who writes for a women's magazine called "Composure" and is assigned to write an article on "How to Lose a Guy in 10 days." The two meet shortly after the bet is made and end up choosing one another for their mutual assignments, neither knowing about each other's secret agenda. As Ben tries to hold onto Andie, she does everything in her power to annoy him. Once they find out about the other's secret, the truth might drive them apart.
Never Been Kissed." Josie Geller (Drew Barrymore) is a copy editor at a newspaper who is assigned to enroll in high school posing as a teenager for a story. The only problem is that Josie was a hopeless nerd in high school who was called Josie Grossie by her classmates. She had no idea how to fit in, and hasn't gotten better at it since graduation. With the help of her brother Rob (David Arquette), Josie is accepted into the cool crowd and starts to fit in for the first time in her life. But when her love interest, and teacher, Mr. Coulson (Michael Vartan) becomes the center of her story, she has to choose between her career and true love.