Jorgensen to host jazz quartet on Thursday
Thursday night will bring another eclectic act to Jorgensen, as the Branford Marsalis Quartet is coming to town.
With releases dating back to 1986, the Quartet includes Marsalis, a world-renowned saxophonist, accompanied by Joey Calderazzo on piano, Eric Revis on bass and Justin Faulkner playing drums.
The Quartet has won two Grammys; the first, for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance in 1992, resulted from the group teaming up with jazz legends such as B.B. King "I Heard You Twice the First Time."
Their second came in 2000, when their album "Contemporary Jazz" won the award for Best Jazz Instrumental Album.
A former student at Berklee College of Music, Marsalis has played with an extensive group of artists including Miles Davis, Sting, Public Enemy (playing saxophone on "Fight The Power"), Dave Matthews Band and The Dead.
Marsalis also led the Tonight Show Band on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" from 1992 to 1995.
The Quartet goes on stage at 7:30 p.m. Thursday night. Student tickets cost only $10, while regular prices range from $32 for balcony seats to $39 for the floor.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit