Women's hockey takes one from New Hampshire

By Ryan Tolmich
On January 21, 2014

The UConn women's hockey team was able to split a home-and-home doubleheader with New Hampshire this past weekend, as the Huskies were able to pick up their third conference victory of the season.
The initial game of the two game series took place in Storrs, where the Huskies were able to knock off the Wildcats by a score of 3-1.
UConn were led by goaltender Elaine Chuli, who posted 33 saves on the afternoon. The Huskies also received major contributions from Kayla Campero, Rebecca Fleming and Stephanie Raithby, each of whom found the back of the net.
The second game of the weekend took place in Durham, NH, as the Huskies fell to the hosts by a score of 3-2.
Chuli reached the 30 save mark once again, but it was to no avail as the Wildcats were able to score just enough to split the series.
Sarah MacDonnell led the way for UConn, as the junior forward scored the pair of Husky goals on the afternoon. MacDonnell, who now has 9 goals on the season, is the leading scorer for the Huskies this season.
The Huskies struggled mightily on the power play over the weekend, as the team was held scoreless despite having 9 opportunities.
With the split, the Huskies find themselves 6-16-2 on the season with a 3-7-1 record in-conference. Five of the six Husky victories have come at home in Freitas Ice Forum.
UConn will be back in action Jan. 25, as the Huskies begin another home-and-home with conference foe Providence.