'Social Media week' scavenger hunt today
Since Monday, March 10, SUBOG has been celebrating "Social Media Week" in a variety of exciting and engaging ways.
On Monday, the group hosted Social Media Week trivia, where students answered trivia questions on the SUBOG twitter account, @SUBOGatUConn, for a chance to win a $25 gift card. On Tuesday, they hosted YouTube personality GloZell, a comedian vlogger with over 110 million views online and self-declared "Queen of Youtube", for a lecture, Q&A session and meet-and-greet.
A Social Media Scavenger Hunt kicks off today. Look for clues to be posted on SUBOG's social media outlets to win a variety of prizes. The week will culminate in a final Twitter giveaway on Friday when students will be asked to tweet @SUBOGatUConn pictures from their favorite SUBOG events.
It is an event SUBOG held last year with much success, and they hope to continue it and establish a tradition. SUBOG Social Media Chairperson Janisse Ramirez has looked forward to the week as an opportunity to change it up and program events, instead of just being responsible for social media activities.
"We hope students learn about information technology and social media itself. Overall, it's a fun way to interact with our student body through social media," Ramirez said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care