UConn women's tennis team honors seniors
This Saturday, the UConn women's tennis team will have their "Senior Day" in honor of senior captain Alexa Gregory. The match will be against the University of Hartford Hawks at 12 p.m. on the Huskies' home courts.
The women have a current season record of 6-10, while the Hawks have a devastating 0-9 spring season record. In the fall, the Huskies and Hawks had several encounters at tournaments and invitationals. In the Fairfield Doubles Tournament, Gregory, along with freshman Natalie Robson defeated Hartford's Hayley Gilean and Ashley Haren 8-2. In the Quinnipiac Invitational, Gregory was defeated in the singles seed by the Hawks' Abby Liu, 6-1, 6-0. Husky junior Lauren Wilmarth obtained a strong victory over Jess Galik, 6-0, 6-1.
In the last invite of the season, the New England Invitational, Hartford's, Liu repeated a win over Gregory with a score of 6-2, 6-2. Wilmarth again was able to make a powerful victory over the Hawks at 6-1, 6-0 final score. Also bringing home a win over the Hawks was Abby McKeon, who obtained a 6-0, 6-0 win over Emily Wihoft in seed No 6.
This match against Hartford will be the womens' final encounter of the season and Alexa Gregory's last game as a Husky.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit