UConn women's tennis team honors seniors
This Saturday, the UConn women's tennis team will have their "Senior Day" in honor of senior captain Alexa Gregory. The match will be against the University of Hartford Hawks at 12 p.m. on the Huskies' home courts.
The women have a current season record of 6-10, while the Hawks have a devastating 0-9 spring season record. In the fall, the Huskies and Hawks had several encounters at tournaments and invitationals. In the Fairfield Doubles Tournament, Gregory, along with freshman Natalie Robson defeated Hartford's Hayley Gilean and Ashley Haren 8-2. In the Quinnipiac Invitational, Gregory was defeated in the singles seed by the Hawks' Abby Liu, 6-1, 6-0. Husky junior Lauren Wilmarth obtained a strong victory over Jess Galik, 6-0, 6-1.
In the last invite of the season, the New England Invitational, Hartford's, Liu repeated a win over Gregory with a score of 6-2, 6-2. Wilmarth again was able to make a powerful victory over the Hawks at 6-1, 6-0 final score. Also bringing home a win over the Hawks was Abby McKeon, who obtained a 6-0, 6-0 win over Emily Wihoft in seed No 6.
This match against Hartford will be the womens' final encounter of the season and Alexa Gregory's last game as a Husky.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care