Women's Tennis: UConn falls to James Madison

By Eugene Joh

The UConn women's tennis team lost to James Madison University and fell to a 1-5 dual meet record at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va. this past Saturday.
The Huskies extend their losing streak to five meets, after earning their sole victory against Quinnipiac on Oct. 1 in the season's first head-to-head contest. JMU moves up to a 4-2 record, and records their third consecutive victory.
UConn performed solidly in their singles matches, earning three points with straight-sets victories from sophomore Srna Stosljevic and seniors Lucy Nutting and Jennifer Learmonth.
In the No. 1 singles match, Stosljevic defeated JMU's no. 1, Taylor Pinchoff, 6-3 and 6-1 in two straightforward sets. At No. 3, Nutting also got through a fairly comfortable two sets, beating JMU's Emily Bradshaw 6-2, 6-4. In the No. 5 match, Learmonth got off to a solid start against JMU's Ruxandra Andriescu, winning the first set 6-3. She had to work a little harder in the second set, having to win the ensuing tie-break to take the match 6-3, 7-6 (1).
With the singles matches tied at three apiece, it came down to the three doubles teams to earn the seventh point, and the win. JMU would go on to sweep all three matches en route to a victory.
Next, the Huskies will look to record their first dual meet victory in five months, as they take on Fairfield University this Wednesday, Mar. 5. The meet is set to take place at the East Hartford Tennis Club at 2 p.m.