UConn women's swimming and diving competes in Winter Nationals
The UConn women's swimming team wrapped up their three-day event in Austin, Texas on December 1.
Jordan Bowen finished strong in the 1650-yard freestyle event coming in 24th place with a time of 17:00.06. She also came in 33rd place in the 500-yard freestyle event with a time of 4:56.08, and swam a time of 1:51.08 in the 200-yard freestyle to place 44th.
Mary deMarrais placed twenty-eighth in the Individual Medley event, swimming a time of 4:27.00. She also came in 36th place in the 500-yard freestyle event with a time of 4:59.52.
In the 50-yard freestyle Chinyere Pigot swam a time of 23.22 seconds to place 35th. She also came in 15th place with a time of 51. 54 seconds.
Kim Fleming came in 69th place in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 57.80 seconds. Although UConn did not make it past the preliminaries and onto the finals, the team had a successful meet.
The Winter Nationals was the Huskies' last meet of the semester. The UConn women's swimming and diving squads will next compete at home January 26 against Seton Hall in a Big East matchup with the Pirates.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care