Trio of techno DJs at Jorgensen perform at Winter White Tour
On behalf of SUBOG and the university, the internationally-acclaimed 21-year-old Swedish DJ Alesso is playing at Jorgensen on Feb. 2nd. Other appearances will include Otto Knows and DJ Manni, ultimately creating a techno trio for attendees. A master of the dance-electronica genre and improviser on synthesizers and keyboards, he has included UConn as a location on his Winter White tour list. The audience is expected to hear a set-list not only comprised of Alesso's original creations but his widely-appreciated remixes as well. The show and entire tour is apparently "wintry-white" and frost-themed, providing a snow-centered performance and thrilling break from the dull three-month span of cold...at least indoors.
Alesso, born Alessandro Lindbad, got his start in music production and not surprisingly, remixing familiar songs. Through social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Soundcloud, his work spread like wildfire, gaining him a following in the genres of electronica and EDM. His music has been characterized as "trance," progressive-house, a little techno and a tad electronica-quite a melting pot of musical sub-categories. Upon his arrival at #70 on the list of top 100 DJs in 2011 (from DJ Mag), his name was in the mouths of many techno-trance producers and fans. He has covered the best of the best in the electronic genre, DJs such as Avicii, Tiesto, Sander Van Doom and the ultra-popular Swedish House Mafia. He models his music from many trance-based samples and beats, fusing them with his own individualized pace. He has produced a whopping three EPs in just three years, which include Dynamite, Silenced by the Night and Years. As a part of countless collabs, Alesso has earned his spot in the dance/trance music world.
One of the biggest reasons for this upcoming show's hype is the fact that it will be among the few, if not first, techno/electronic concerts ever to hit UConn's Jorgensen Theater. From the looks of it, the presentation will be much like that of Dayglow, nationwide touring paint party, possibly with snowflakes in place of paint.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Behind the Printing Press: Talent
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools