Lacrosse: UConn hopes for first road win
The UConn women's lacrosse team searches for their first road win of the season when they face off against Oregon on Friday.
On Sunday, UConn (2-4) narrowly edged out James Madison in a 14-13 double overtime thriller. The win broke their three game losing streak, improving their record to 2-2 at home. Senior midfielder and point leader Lauren Kahn scored the game, winning goal 23 seconds into the second overtime to propel the Huskies to a shocking win over the Dukes. The goal was Kahn's 13th of the season, accompanying her 10 assists. Sophomore Katherine Finkelston is second on the team with 16 points. Finkelston added four goals in the game against JMU, her second four-goal game of the season.
Kahn, who finished the game with three goals and four assists, was named to the Big East Honor Roll. As a team, UConn received votes in this week's Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coach's Association poll.
Last season, UConn defeated Oregon 16-14. It was the first and only time the two programs have met. In the game, sophomore midfielder Carly Palmucci scored four goals and senior midfielder Kacey Pippit added three goals. Oregon (2-2) was defeated by Robert Morris 15-14 in overtime in their last match. The key to the Ducks' attack is senior attacker Shannon Probst, who leads Oregon with 26 points: 12 goals and 14 assists.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care