A Cappella auditions available
On Feb. 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Union Theater the UConn A Cappella Association will present its Spring Rush Concert for perspective new members.
The doors to the event will open at 6:00 p.m.. There will be a recommended donation of two dollars at the door. Donations from the concert will be split between two memorial funds dedicated to aid those affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting. These funds are UConn's own memorial fund and a fund organized by UConn's Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority.
The concert will feature all eight of the A cappella groups here on campus such as the men's group, Conn Men and the women's group, Rubyfruit. Rubyfruit's repertoire includes pieces such as "Lights" by Ellie Goulding and "Stuck like Glue" by Sugarland.
On Feb. 4, the A cappella groups will be holding auditions in the Music Building. Prospective members should go to Atrium of the building. There will be a brief informational meeting at 6 p.m. where presidents will brief prospective members on the requirements of being in one of the groups. Auditions will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care