Conn. Republicans host annual dinner
Prominent northeast Republican leaders will meet tonight for their first annual dinner.
The guest of honor will be former Chief Justice of the Rhode Island Supreme Court Frank Williams.
Williams, an Abraham Lincoln scholar, was also president of the Abraham Lincoln Association, a group dedicated to preserving the memory of Lincoln by celebrating his anniversary each year.
The dinner will include a discussion of Lincoln, "A Study of Courage."
There will also be an opportunity to meet the 2014 Republican gubernatorial candidates: Tom Foley, John McKinney, Mark Boughton, Joe Visconti, and Toni Boucher.
Candidates for Connecticut's Secretary of State Peter Lumaj and Lieutenant Governor Penny Bacchiochi are among the guest list for the dinner.
The northeast Republicans will eat at Wrights Mill Farm in Canterbury at 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- Delta Gamma appeals revoked recognition
- BREAKING: Two UConn Sororities and One Fraternity Banned
- Men's Basketball: Former Huskies take pride in UConn's fourth championship
- Men's Basketball: Different decisions, no regrets for Daniels, Boatright
- UConn Football is Back
- Column: Diaco's energy, attitude breathe new life into UConn
- Football: Diaco 'jacked' to get training camp started with Huskies
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...