Lacrosse: UConn looks to bounce back against Cincinnati after tough loss
The UConn lacrosse team lost on the road to No. 18 Louisville Thursday by a final score of 12-7.
UConn was able to hang with the Cardinals early - Jacqueline Jordan scored 10 seconds into the game - but Louisville would came storming back.
Cardinals' attacker Faye Brust scored two straight goals to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead with 26:17 left in the half.
Brust was firing on all cylinders. She scored five goals in the contest, four of them coming in the first half. Louisville ended the half leading 7-5, despite two goals from UConn's Carly Palmucci.
The Cardinals took over in the second half, and UConn was only able to get six shots on net. Louisville scored four straight goals at the start of the half, two of them courtesy of Cortnee Daley. The Cardinals took a commanding 11-5 lead with 7:41 remaining in the contest.
UConn tried to claw back in the game late when Kacy Pippitt scored two straight goals for the Huskies, but that was as close as it would get for the Huskies.
Brust put the finishing touch on UConn when she scored her fifth goal of the game at the 1:25 mark.
The Huskies dropped to 8-6 overall with the loss. The Huskies will take on conference opponent Cincinnati this Saturday. The Huskies are 5-0 all time against the Bearcats.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit