Lacrosse: UConn looks to bounce back against Cincinnati after tough loss
The UConn lacrosse team lost on the road to No. 18 Louisville Thursday by a final score of 12-7.
UConn was able to hang with the Cardinals early - Jacqueline Jordan scored 10 seconds into the game - but Louisville would came storming back.
Cardinals' attacker Faye Brust scored two straight goals to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead with 26:17 left in the half.
Brust was firing on all cylinders. She scored five goals in the contest, four of them coming in the first half. Louisville ended the half leading 7-5, despite two goals from UConn's Carly Palmucci.
The Cardinals took over in the second half, and UConn was only able to get six shots on net. Louisville scored four straight goals at the start of the half, two of them courtesy of Cortnee Daley. The Cardinals took a commanding 11-5 lead with 7:41 remaining in the contest.
UConn tried to claw back in the game late when Kacy Pippitt scored two straight goals for the Huskies, but that was as close as it would get for the Huskies.
Brust put the finishing touch on UConn when she scored her fifth goal of the game at the 1:25 mark.
The Huskies dropped to 8-6 overall with the loss. The Huskies will take on conference opponent Cincinnati this Saturday. The Huskies are 5-0 all time against the Bearcats.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care