New Chick-Fil-A location lives up to the hype

By Alex Sferrazza

Talk about making a good first impression.
Chick-Fil-A has been one of the most popular fast food chains in the Southern and Midwestern states for many years. Despite possessing a rabidly loyal fan-base, the chain has yet to aggressively expand into the New England region, with only three restaurants north of Boston and a single spot in New York City being the nearest Chick-Fil-A locations for Connecticut residents - until now.
On Friday, Feb. 20 Chick-Fil-A opened a franchise in Chicopee, Mass. The location marks the chain's first location in southern New England and can be reached in under an hour's drive from the UConn campus.
I visited the restaurant on its opening weekend to see if the eatery could live up to the hype. To my pleasant surprise, it exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable.
The service was nothing less than exemplary. I was given a friendly greeting by management both the second I walked in the door and another right before I placed my order. After receiving my order and sitting down to eat (which took less than five minutes despite the presence of a line winding out the door), employees would frequently check up on customers, offering to refill drinks and clear away their trays. This level of quality customer service is practically unheard of in fast food restaurants.
The restaurant itself is modeled in a quaint, retro-modern style, appearing as an old style diner complete with minimalistic decoration. I was floored when I noticed that a fresh cut rose had been placed on every single table in the restaurant. I assumed this was in recognition of the grand opening and I was correct. Management explained that usually "only" regular flowers adorn the tables.
"We didn't invent the chicken, just the Chicken Sandwich"
The Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. Simple yet brilliant, the sandwich consists of a chicken fillet on a buttered bun with pickles - that's it. The chicken itself is fried to perfection, crisp but not crunchy, not too heavily seasoned and very juicy. It's leagues better than any chicken sandwich you'll find at any of its competitors' locations.
While the Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich itself might be the star of the show, it's far from the only thing you'll enjoy at Chick-Fil-A. Delicious, fresh hand-cut waffle fries and either homemade lemonade or sweet tea compliment a combo meal. Wraps, nuggets and variations of the Chicken Sandwich fill out the menu. For the more health inclined, a series of premium chicken salads are also offered. Additionally, the restaurant also features a full breakfast menu.
From exceptional and friendly service to a pleasant ambiance and incredibly tasty food, Chick-Fil-A offers the complete package. There isn't much more to say. Just remember the next time you're debating whether to make the trip up to Chicopee that it's absolutely worth it.
A+