New editorial board at The Daily Campus
Editor in Chief: Katherine Tibedo, a sixth semester marketing major. Tibedo was the associate news editor two years ago and the news editor this past year. She will be implanting many changes to the paper next year, including a re-design of the print version and a completely new website version.
Managing Editor: Kathleen McWilliams, a sixth semester journalism and English double major. McWilliams started her time at the Daily Campus as a writer for focus. "I saw this opportunity as a way to give back and make improvements here," McWilliams said. Her main goal is to maintain professional journalism standards at the paper, enforcing things like deadlines and quality writing and having workshops.
News Editor: Alban Murtishi, a fourth semester economics major. Murtishi hopes to make the paper more relevant next year. "During the national championship we gained 200 followers on Twitter in two hours by live-tweeting the biggest action on campus. Student readers next year can expect to see more of that." The Daily Campus will also be launching a campaign to find new writers who will be trained by other editors and senior staff writers. He hopes the news section will be filled with only student written content instead of having so many AP stories.
Focus Editor: Ellie Hudd, a sixth semester psychology major. Hudd hopes to recruit new members and cover a wider subject area, including Greek life, student life and campus life, including professors. "Ultimately it's about making writers feel like they have the freedom to tell their stories in the context of the paper," Hudd said.
Sports Editor: Erica Brancato, a fourth semester communications and journalism double major. Brancato was the only girl in the section when she joined. Her goal for next year is to have a consistent and reliable section. "I want to add more featuers and have the readers get to know different players on all of our sports teams," she said.
Commentary Editor: Kayvon Ghoreshi, a fourth semester molecular and cell biology major. Ghoreshi said he decided to write for commentary because it "gave me more freedom as to what I could write about, ranging from politics to my interests in technology." His main goal for next year is to recruit new members, but he also wants to have more blue v. white point-counterpoint style articles.
Photo Editor: Jonathan Kulakofsky, an eighth semester physics and math major. He said his main goal is to ease the transition for his department between this year and the new responsibilities they will have with the major overhaul of the paper. "I want to ensure we can retain the same quantity of quality photographers that we had this year," Kulakofsky said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Daily Campus News Articles
Recent Daily Campus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DAILY CAMPUS NEWS
- UConn ranks first for gluten free
- #ICYMI Five Things to Know About Today's Title IX Settlement
- UConn Reaches Title IX Settlement
- Women's Soccer: Hill in camp for US ahead of U-20 World Cup
- 'One Plate, Two Plate' Coming to Student Union for Fall Semester
- Supreme Court reaches landmark decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
- Elizabeth Park in West Hartford
RECENT DAILY CAMPUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit